Why a cheek lift?
In my previous post, I talked about cheek enhancement and how it makes your face look more youthful.
A cheek-plumping lift works because:
- Every layer of your cheek tends to shrink with age, bone, muscle, fat, and skin
- Filling the cheek undoes the deflation caused by age
The “one minute” cheek lift
How can you lift a cheek in a minute or less? Watch this video where I performed the actual treatment on one of my patients in NY:
What can be used to fill your cheeks?
- Restylane Lyft – a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler that works immediately, is reversible, and lasts 1 – 2 years
- Juvéderm Voluma – another hyaluronic acid (HA) filler that works immediately, is reversible, and lasts 1 – 2 years
- Sculptra – a poly-L-lactic acid filler that takes 6 – 8 weeks to show a result, is non-reversible, and lasts for several years
- Fat grafting – your own fat cells are taken from another area of your body and injected into your cheeks, lasts for years, but less predictable final volume than the fillers listed above
Added benefits of a cheek lift
Many people consult with me in my NY office to discuss under eye bags and dark circles because of my specialized training in oculoplastic surgery. When we decide upon an under-eye filler treatment (as opposed to surgery), the cheeks are often filled at the same time, because in most cases, a cheek fill also benefits the under-eye hollows. It also makes the under fill appear more natural by smoothing the continuum between the eyelids and the cheeks.